WORK WITH ME
Who you choose to entrust your relationship life to could be the most important decision of your lifetime. With over 30 years experience and 20,000 counselling sessions under my belt, my clients can count on trusted relationship guidance. 80% of my practice is focused on relationships.
Marital counselling is a highly complex and specialized field of practice and all marriage counsellors are not equal. Many are inexperienced and inadequately trained in this area – regardless of how they may advertise themselves. I’m pro-marriage/commitment and studies show that relationship counsellors without this orientation can make things worse, not better. Choose carefully, there’s lot at stake.
For most of my adult life I’ve been a “seeker,” that is, I’ve always been interested and keen to figure out how to live a happier and more fulfilling life. When you’ve been on a personal growth track for most your adult life, you learn a lot about life and people. Being an effective counsellor demands more than academic degrees and credentials – it requires life experience and wisdom, qualities that are at the heart of my counselling practice.
Typical comments I’ve received from clients over the years are, “you’re direct,” “you get to the heart of the matter,” “you make us laugh,” “you’re down-to-earth” and “you’re easy to talk to.” I like being like that and I do my best to make you feel comfortable, safe and relaxed.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work (University of Calgary)
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist in Canada
- Business Coach, Corporate Coach Inc.
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Calgary)
Recent professional training
- Vancouver School for Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Institute (MiCBT) Applied Course
- Cognitive Behavioural Certificate (CBT), University of Calgary
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy)
- Pragmatic/Experiential Training for Couples
- Gottman Method
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Explore the possibilities. Connect with your heart. Restore your relationship.
How often do you wish that your partner were different? Do you ever wonder if you’ve married the “wrong” person? What subtle and not so subtle ways do you try to control your partner? What tactics do you use to get them to do what you want or stop doing what you don’t...read more