Listen in to CTV (Ch 3) on Thursday December 13th @ 6:45am and learn….
5 ways to handle your “holiday Stress” this year!
1. Plan Ahead
– realistic expectations (sometimes may mean lowering them)
– create budget and stick to it
– learn to say NO
2. Acknowledge your feelings
– don’t hold them in, that just makes it worse. We’re “supposed” to be happy at Christmas and sometimes we’re not and that’s OK.
3. Avoid “processing” family issues and problems
4. Reach out (if you’re away from family, lonely, etc.)
5. Focus on the meaning of Christmas and holidays for you – even if you don’t like Christmas, find something that you can enjoy
– what really matters to you – spirituality
– relationships, connecting with friends, etc.