Clients sometimes ask me, “why did Sig Taylor became a Marriage Counsellor?” My answer is I’ve always wanted to help people. A painful divorce in my late 20’s was a factor that led me to make a career change – from business to Marriage and Family Therapy (Marriage counselling)
Effective couples counselling and therapy requires more than academic degrees and credentials. I’ve had a wide range of personal growth and training experiences over the years. Perhaps the best training of all is being being happily married for over 12 years!
To help you get a sense of how what counselling is like with me, here are some comments I’ve received from clients over the years.
“We get practical tools and strategies.”
“You don’t beat around the bush.”
“We get to the heart of the matter.”
“The process is hard work hard work but we also laugh too.”
I like being like that. And I always do my best to be respectful and make you feel comfortable.
Who you choose to entrust your relationship life to
could be the most important decision of your lifetime.
- Couples Therapy Workshop Presenter, University of Calgary
- MSW, Clinical Social Work (University of Calgary)
- Clinical Fellow, Canadian Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- Graduate, Corporate Coach Inc.
Recent professional training
- Relational Life Institute
- Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Institute (MiCBT) Applied Course
- Cognitive Behavioural Certificate (CBT), University of Calgary
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy)
- Pragmatic/Experiential Training for Couples
- Gottman Method
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
Explore the possibilities. Connect with your heart. Restore your relationship.
1. Practice Relational Mindfulness Learn how to interrupt knee-jerk reactive habits. You’re having a nice day and your partner disagrees or disapproves of something you say. In an instant you’re triggered and your nice day goes sideways. It’s these “small moments”...read more